Investing in higher-quality clothing, wearing them more often and holding onto them for longer, is the way forward for combatting the carbon footprint from your garments- and ultimately taking positive action against climate change.
Click here to download our 10 BEST FREE TIPS on how to do better for a Happier You. Happier Planet 😃🌍
Buying better quality items is simply more beneficial to us -consumers and the planet, because:
* Quality clothes are better made
* They look better,
* They last longer
* They are a more cost-effective option in the long run, because they become cheaper the more often you wear them. Cost per wear.
* Since they are made from better quality materials they carry less toxins. Let’s not forget Fashion is as well a health issue for us and the planet.
Therefore buying quality over quantity is a win win for everyone- for our health, the health of the garment workers and the health of our planet
👉Don’t be greenwashed by the fashion industries deceitful marketing messages.
🤔Today humanity uses the equivalent of 1.6 Earths to provide the resources we use and absorb our waste.
‼️This means it now takes the Earth one year and eight months to regenerate what we use in a year.
‼️We use more ecological resources and services than nature can regenerate through overfishing, overharvesting forests, and emitting more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than forests can sequester.
FORECAST MADE BY THE UK PARLIAMENT If we don’t change:
- By 2030 global apparel consumption is projected to rise by 63%, from 62 million tons today to 102 million tons—equivalent to more than 500 billion additional T-shirts.
- The UN says that by 2050 the equivalent of almost three planets could be required to provide the natural resources needed to sustain current lifestyles given the growth in global population.
‼️We consumer must start to understand, that our negative shopping habits are setting off a chain of reactions – that have bad consequences for the world we live in.
While purchases that leave a positive impact on our planet is as well connected to our inner happiness by doing good . #HYHP
👉Investing in quality means you are investing in yourself, in your health and the planet’s health. #joyofclothes
🌱In the UK, continuing to actively wear a garment for just nine months longer could diminish its environmental impacts by 20–30% this would reduce their carbon, water and waste footprints by 20-30%.