Come January and the monochrome dressing style is back on the fashion horizon. It is all about looking sharp and expressing a minimalism look after the indulging weeks before Christmas and New Year. Dressing in in a monochrome look is classic and has been around since Coco Chanel designed her famous monochrome dresses. Every woman can dress with ease in a monochrome look no matter the age or colour- b-u-t not in the same way. To quote the famous word by Coco Chanel: ” Fashion is like architecture- it is a matter of proportion “! Therefore we all have to follow a different dressing code in order to look our best. I find it liberating to know that we are all different and can create our own signature look rather trying to be a bad copy of someone else. Dressing right – dressing for success is all about dressing towards your body strengths rather weaknesses. So, when dressing in a monochrome look highlight your best body parts rather the other way around. Colourblocking and pattern are creating attention and focus to a body part, so make sure it is the right one. It is all about knowing knowing your body shape and how to create visual balance. A visually balanced body looks always better than an unbalanced one. So, know yourself before you adorn yourself and understand which fashion items will achieve the aim to create visual balance in your body shape. Aim to be a fashion victor rather being a fashion victim.
Here are some examples how to dress right in a colour blocking style for your body shape:
1. Lean Column Body Shape: You need create the illusion of female curves in the bust, waist and hip areas.
2. Neat Hourglass Body Shape: You have the perfect proportional body shape, so you are the most versatile on what to wear.
3. Full Hourglass Body Shape: Follow your curves and avoid any form of clutter
4. Pear Body Shape: Keep the attention only to your upper body part
5. Inverted Triangle Body Shape: Keep the attention only to your lower body part
6. Rectangle Body Shape: You need to create the illusion of a waist
7. Apple Body Shape: Keep the attention only to your and lower 3rd.
Tags: Apple body shape, dress code for work, Dress for your body shape, dresses for your body shape, Fashion advice by Michaela Jedinak, full hourglass body shape, how to be your best version, How to dress for work, How to dress right in colourblocking style for work, How to look your best, How to look your best everyday, Inverted triangle body shape, lean column body shape, neat hourglass body shape, Pear body shape, Power dresses to work, rectangle body shape, style advice, What to wear after work, what to wear to work